Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthdays and Snow

It has been a busy few days around here. Friday was Harrison's 10th birthday. I can't believe that my first baby is now 10. Something about moving into the double digit numbers kind of makes me sad. It just makes me realize how fast the time goes by. I would love to just stop time for a little bit and keep all of the kids right where they are. Maybe that is me being selfish. They certainly can't wait to get bigger and bigger.

And today...snow in Alabama on March 1st. It was really fun while it lasted. That's how snow is here. It lasts for only a couple of hours and then it is gone. It made a morning of fun for the boys though. I have to say, I don't think I would like to live somewhere where it snows a lot. I spent the entire morning cleaning up all of the snow, melted snow and wet clothes from the ten thousand trips outside. They couldn't seem to stay outside or keep on one pair of clothes or keep from tracking snow all over the house. But it was lots of fun. If only it could have happened tomorrow so that we could all have a snow day!

Harrison's Snowman

Sunny checking out the snow


Nathan

Andrew

Harrison






1 comment:

Connie said...

Ok why do I always forget Harrison's birthday? Is it because the month is so short? I know it's in Feb., but it always sneaks up on me. Tell him Happy, Happy Birthday from The Sandlin's. Glad Nathan is feeling better. Just think Spring Break is just around the corner. Whew! Love the snow pics. Caroline didn't even go outside. She didn't feel like it. See you soon.