Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surprise!!!

Stephen, the boys and I returned today from a really fun trip to Gatlinburg. This past Monday was our 13th wedding anniversary. Where does the time go? It seems like we were newlyweds not all that long ago and now here we are three kids and a lot of years later. If getting away for a few days wasn't enough of an anniversary present, you will not believe what surprise I came home to today. Check out the pictures below. Our master bedroom and study were transformed from a very plain room with some pretty furniture to this.....


custom bedding, notice the monogramming and the beautiful fabric

custom drapes that are absolutely beautiful!!



a view into the study

more drapes

monogrammed drapes in the study


There are so many small, personal details that make the room special. A few of my favorites...


a corkboard with personalized pictures

our wedding photos and check out the magazine rack mounted on the wall by the bed

There are a couple of faux finishes (Connie's specialty!) in the room. This is one of my favorites and in the center is one of my favorite pictures of the boys.


I love this grouping of pictures of the boys and of the barn at my parent's house.

This is probably one of my favorite things of all. This is in the study. These are a few of my favorite pictures of the boys in black and white .

There is so much more that I could post. I love every inch of it! Thank you so much Connie for all of your hard work. I love everything!!! I could not ask for a more wonderful space or a more wonderful friend. Thank you mother for all of your hard work this week and Melinda too! Your pictures helped to make the room so special (not to mention your painting). Did I mention my mother cleaned out every single closet in the house? That was no small task seeing as how I am lacking in organization. And Stephen - what can I say? I always knew you were incredibly sweet but this just tops everything. And you kept it a secret! I love you more than you know. You are an amazing husband and daddy. Happy 13th Anniversary! Thank you for making all of this happen.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs Shelton...
I just read all this and with the pictures (plus the sweetest song) I was just in tears. SUCH a blessing. I know you must just be so excited. I only wish I could've been hiding in there when you walked in to see your face when you saw it all.
The pictures are absolutely precious.
Miss you so much!
Brittany Davis

Nikki said...

It's gorgeous- I love all the photos!