Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Nathan!!

On Friday Nathan turned 7 years old. It seems like only yesterday that he was born. I always kind of shrugged it off when someone with older children would tell me, "enjoy these years because they go by fast." Now I truly know what that statement means. It seems as if the days go by so very quickly. At the same time, it seems like so much has taken place within 7 years. I never thought when Nathan was born that his future held anything other than perfectly healthy days. I had no concept of liver disease or liver transplant. I am actually really glad that we did not find out about Nathan's liver disease until last year. It allowed us to live totally care free days without the worry of a looming health crisis. The events of the past year will shape our future, but I choose to look at things in a positive manner. I think that we will look at birthdays as a little sweeter and maybe enjoy these days (when the kids are so young) a little longer.

We spent the day at Smith Lake. The lake is our home away from home during the summer months, but we usually don't go very often over the fall and spring. We had not been since last August. Whenever we go to the lake for the first time of the season, it always seems new. Even though I have been there so many times before, I am always amazed at the beauty of the water. Nathan absolutely loves the lake as well and he couldn't wait to go fishing today. He did not catch anything, but he did not seem to mind. I thought I would share a few photos of our day at the lake.




No comments: