Monday, July 21, 2008

Blog Award!!!!!



Nathan had to be at the hospital early for labs this morning and to my surprise when I got home and checked the blog - I see that I have received a blog award from my dear friend Connie over at Laughter by Lakeside. Connie has been my very best friend for years and years and we grew up together. She truly is like family to me. We also both share a tremendous love for the lake. Connie is an amazing designer and has a wonderful blog that will provide you with a lot of inspiration for your home and family. You will enjoy her creative design and beautiful pictures of her work on her blog.


Personally, I haven't been a very good blogger this summer as we have been kind of busy. Maybe this award will inspire me to get back to blogging with more of a purpose. As I understand I get to pass this lovely award on to someone. So here goes....


Unique But Not Alone is one of the first blogs that I found when the boys were diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency last summer. Jen blogs about her two girls who have alpha-1. Jen is also a wonderful advocate and leader in the Alpha-1 community. Her blog has provided me with encouragement as well as a lot of educational information about alpha-1 and what is going on in the alpha-1 community. Thank you Jen!


I think that I also am suppose to share a few things that you might not know about me so let's see....


1. I have been married to my husband Stephen for 12 years now. Stephen is a minister at Liberty Park Baptist Church where we have been serving for 13 years now.


2. I am a nurse by profession and have an amazing job teaching nursing. I attended nursing school at UAB and graduate school at Samford.


3. Believe it or not I was a cheerleader all through high school. Most people are surprised by that because I tend to have a rather quiet personality.


4. I learned how to water ski at the old age of 27, which I really do not recommend. If at all possible, learn when you are young. I think it would be much easier that way (thus the pictures of the kids skiing recently).


5. I once went rappelling off of a pretty steep cliff (again, not in my nature). No one mentioned that it is best to pull back long hair. Needless to say, my long hair got tangled in the rope and had to be cut in order to get to the ground. --Not one of my better memories.


6. I grew up riding horses and doing anything outside with my dad. I still love the outdoors and love to spend summer days outdoors either in the yard, at the lake or at my mom and dad's house. There is nothing better than a day on the lake in the boat.


That is about all I can come up with. Nothing too exciting here, but now maybe you know a little more about me. Thanks again Connie for the award! Enjoy your day!
Lora

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ah you're making me blush, Lora. Thanks so much for the award.

Jen @ Unique But Not Alone